Finding a good content writer is like finding a diamond in the rough. Of the small percentage of people who possess the ability, it can be difficult to find a writer who can fulfill your specific content needs. There is so much to consider– tone, style, expertise. And if you aren’t a writer yourself, how are you supposed to know what kind of content you need? Should you hire a blogger? A journalist? A copywriter? Hiring a freelance writer should make your life easier, not more complicated.
Here are some tips to find a writer online that can meet your content needs simply and effectively:
- Hire writers who are knowledgeable and experienced in Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Search engines like Google have become the first step for most people in choosing almost any service. No matter your field or clientele, you want your website to appear as high in search results as possible. Through the placement of key terms that are relevant to your product or services, your web content will become more easily searchable and, subsequently, more likely to be visited by potential customers.
- Hire freelance writers through content or employment agencies. Just because someone can write does not necessarily mean they should write for you. Agencies provide a menu of options from blogging, to press releases, to creative writing and will customize to your needs. And most provide a clean, edited final product.
- Look for writers who specialize in your market. Content agencies can streamline this process for you. Agencies often hire writers with backgrounds in a variety of disciplines. Many freelance writers have had careers or training in fields other than writing. Writers who are well versed in your field can provide more organic content.
- Read reviews. Most freelance writers and content agencies provide feedback and reviews from clients on their websites. While most don’t post negative reviews, it is important to look for a good amount of positive feedback from credible sources. If the review provides a link to the reviewer’s website, take a look at their content to see if it’s in line with what you’re looking for.
- Request a writing sample. To really get a feel for whether a writer is right for you, have them complete a brief writing sample on a topic of your choice, or ask for previous writing they have done.
- Take a chance. Most content writers are hired and paid per page or project. Some also provide one complimentary round of edits. If you hire a writer and you are not happy with the quality or style of their content, you have no obligation to hire that writer again.
ScribeSpace makes every effort to ensure that your writing needs are met. We offer a variety of services including blogging, web pages, articles, and more. You can order content conveniently online, and we also provide bulk or recurring content packages. ScribeSpace also provides a convenient candidate panel where employers can browse writers and editors, along with an employer panel where you can post a job and let the writers come to you! Let ScribeSpace help you get the job done.